View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 08:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenC View Post
Hi there,

I have mg, and use loads of meds.
Since prednison (now 2 years nonstop use) i experience psychiatric problems.
Since march this year it's severe, I think I even have psychoses or something similar. My head is exploding, and nothing I do (talking, exercises, whatever, textbook psychologic stuff) helps. because it is not psycholical, its fysical. I tried it, but it only makes me tired and weak.
I say my head is "on fire" i dont get my thoughts and my rational me is slowly dying, im going crazy.

Anyway, loads of psych drugs have contra indications with mg. I think the best meds for me would be benzodiazepines, but they have clear contra indications, and I still have loads of weakness. Sure, its less severe then it was (because that was breathing tube, not even able to whipe my own *** and liquid food theough my nose), but still, i cant do anything without getting severly tired or weak. So i dont think benzo are a possibilty.

I want to ask, do you have experience with benzo and mg?
Thanks
I was and continue to be addicted to Ativan...a short-acting benzo... long before developing MG symptoms, being diagnosed with MG and getting on Prednisone and Mestidon just a month ago. Benzo withdrawal symptoms cause stress (to say the least) and aggrevate MG symptoms. But, Benzos are acetylelcholine antagonists which work against what we are trying to accomplish with Mestidon. We want to power up these muscles, not relax them. So, I am what you call stuck between two hard places. But my advice to you (as a non-MD) is discuss this with your Neurologist and your Psychiatrist. I doubt very much that either of them will write you a script for any benzodiazapine under your circumstances. There are probably other meds that can give you relief without elevating your risk of an MG crisis. Just my take. Good luck.
PhotoBug50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote