View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Thoughts

nopain
My first thoughts would be to have the pain doc take on a detox to lower what he can of medications and then start from scratch with consult with OB GYN.
Likely OB is going to detox anyway, There is a point where the patient care outweighs the risk to the child....for example if psych meds are needed.

My DIL took Effexor with no problems during her pregnancy, but we often wonder if that is the reason for the stomach protuding the diaphrahm, He had reflux real bad as a baby. He will have surgery to repair in a few months.

I had foot surgery and xrays of the foot after surgery when I was several days to ten days pregnant, with opiats and anesthsia but my baby was fine.

When my friend had chronic pain syndrome she experianced as most expecting mothers do the effect of the bodies natural pain release of endorphins, the relaxing of muscles form chemical release in the body to lossen joints all played a part in becoming natural pain reduced to no medications.

If you had a pain pump istead of SCS that helps too. is the scs in the belly or back?

Congrad's and enjoy the experiance.
Dianne

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote