View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Not sure how I missed commenting to this thread.

I sort of (to some degree) agree with the neuros about not doing the DRG testing with the lack of exam abnormalities or even any symptoms listed indicating sensory or motor issues. It's not like it's invasive or anything, but you seem to have had a fairly extensive work up. You certainly don't have to have positive EMG's to have a necessity for DRG investigation, but without symptoms or anything found on exam, I don't see how they would justify it to insurance. I do also believe you would experience some sort of pain, numbness, or other sensory/motor issues if the DRG was a big problem and cause of your problems.

I do see you have some indication of autonomic dysfunction, but there is many possible causes of this, which has already been mentioned (diabetes, even pre-diabetes, gluten, etc.) Of course there is an autonomic ganglia that could be effected, but again I think you'd see other confirmation of autonomic dysfunction before they'd go on that hunt.

The Lyme can certainly present this way. Have you had tick exposure...do you live in an area were it's likely? Did you ever see the typical bulls-eye rash?

My understanding of Lyme is that treatment can take a long time and you may not notice improvement for a while...and it sounds like you just began this treatment. I'm not familiar with Lyme enough to know whether it effects the DRG, but I'd guess it's possible. Glenn probably knows more about that.

What about any autoimmune testing? Do you have any other symptoms you haven't mentioned...rashes, joint pain, etc?

I just noticed your PM. Hope this answers your questions.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote