View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 04:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
You may have some injury and inflammation in your upper neck. Try icing your neck, especially when you have symptoms in your hand. Concussions often have a neck injury component. Even a simple twist of the neck long after a concussion can cause the injured neck to become inflamed where the old partially healed injury is.

Some gentle head/neck traction and light vertebral manipulation may help this resolve over time. Often, the stabilizing ligaments need to heal. This requires the injury/misalignment of the vertebra needs to be reduced so the ligaments can heal. It takes 6 weeks or more for ligaments to heal. Getting the ligaments to tighten properly is another issue.

This is impossible to image so the doctors say it is not a problem.
Once again thank you for reply. I will consider what you say, although I don't remember any neck issue, I never fell, but what you say may be true.

I must say I am not familiar with some terms you mentioned, maybe I could see chiropractor, I did it 2 months or so ago for my CIDP and I improved much... Maybe it would help.

Regarding altered mental state, I would say I can recognize some old stuff from my mind but but magnified at least 1000 times. My opinion is that brain injury, even mild, can make lot of mess and activate some other old psychiatric condition. Not necceserly.

Best wishes.
Male, 47, first diagnosed with CIDP which is kind of neurological condition affecting peripheral nerves. Due to unbearable pain occasionally hit myself with hand in had, over time head became very sensitive, and now likely to have PCS.
Damodar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote