View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Odd dental question, when you can't chew anymore-any advice?

I am going to have (HOPEFULLY) three teeth extracted in a week, and I have a great deal of pain when eating on the other side. I have only TWO teeth on that other side that connect anymore and they will be coming out too. I want to get ALL my remaining top teeth extracted in two more additional sessions, one will be the two that connect and then the two frontals.

I am planning on a top denture, and have heard that the gums need time to let the swelling go down and it takes MONTHS, so in the interim I need a way to eat. Any advice on a website with decent recipes and directions on making your own purees? or at least stuff you eat without needing to chew?

I am insanely scared. Bryanna, can I take 1 mg of Ativan/Lorazepam before my visit? Also I take pain medication, hydrocodone, I can take that too before my appt, right? I will be having my son's dad drive me, kiddo will be coming too since we don't know how long it's going to take and I won't be able to eat. My son's dad wants me to avoid salty soups, so I need advice, what can I do? We have both a blender and a small food processor. Any advice is appreciated.

Also I heard my insurance will only buy ONE set (top and bottom) for a person's lifetime and that's why I want to make sure the swelling is completely gone before getting fitted for the top denture. I will need a bottom one too, I have deep fillings in the remaining back four teeth and they ALL CRACKED MY TEETH down to the gumline and so I have tooth pain when pressure's applied. I don't think I'll be able to eat well until I have them ALL extracted and I want to do it before this Oral Surgeon who takes my insurance retires....

Pamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote