View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 08:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans8 View Post
Thanks and I cannot tell you how hopeful this has been. Unfortunately I have had several surgeries on cervical spine and shoulder that were a misdiagnosis before getting the TOS diagnosis. I first went to Dr. Atasoy in Kentucky who gave me this diagnosis. He is one of the pioneers in this space but is 80 something years old and I do not want him operating on me even though he offered. I brought this home to my local orthopedist who has seen me through all of this (but missed it) and he ordered the scalene block which was wonderful like you described. He then sent me to the local vascular guy who was trained at Johns Hopkins. He wanted to operate without seeing anything else but I wanted more confirmation and asked for botox. When I went back to him with the botox only giving partial relief he really did not know what to say.

The local ortho guy also referred a local college basketball player to Park and he got the surgery and is playing again this year. I am wondering why he sent me to the B team and the athlete got the A team. I am going back to him to ask him to send me to Park. I will get back on here and let you know if successful. Again thank you so much.
I meant Pearl (not Park). Sorry.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote