View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Hello my Friend

Howdy BMW, I am sorry it has been a while since I have been around this thread. Things have been kinda "hairy" this summer, thankfully now beginning to fade into memory..... I was catching up on the posts, a good many, and you seem to have been experiencing a dearth of posters who have thoughts from the side of the con rather than the pro regarding SCS.

Although I am not among such posters, how well I have come to know the many who, dealing with SCS for whatever reason rather than RSD, CRPS, or TN, the issues have been similar and troublesome for those numerous "failed" attempts. Some even reaching the end all of surgery to remove units either ineffective or defective. Revision surgery has often been a fall back for surgeons, my own included when it appears the effectiveness of the permanent implant has been questionable...... another surgery, and so many approach it trepidatiously thinking all of the while "why bother?"

Migrated leads, leads not placesd well to begin with, leads swapped out for paddles for better coverage, stim which manifests in parts of the body not even "wired" such as painful chest and abdominal pain manifesting from stim of the low lumbar region, scarring which will not quit and results in impedence of the stim signal, and most recently a stim which illustrates a hiccup behavior on and off again so much so that the patient just turns off the unit because of the aggravation.

The saddest of all are the patients who go for removal of scarred in stim which was either non-functional or hurtful, as hopes are dashed and those feel consigned to misery on meds.

I do feel so deeply for the unsuccessful SCS patient situations as the disappointment is truly palpable. I want to reach out in reality and dispense HUGS to each who is thus affected. All I am capable of bringing to bear are my prayers, so they are poured out in care on behalf of these, hoping ultimately a best solution for the pain will be forthcoming.

One who cares VERY much,
Prayin,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote