View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 06:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
So is Jan using any mucuna now at all? Has she tried fava beans? My friend took extracts from England for a long time and feels pretty certain that favas were a big part of them (they did help her , but the expense was horrific I guess) Also, Has she tried fermented papaya?
Mmm...fermented papaya? That sounds terrific. Where to source? I'll also look more closely at your fava experience. Time is ripe for new strategies.

Jan regretted having to forgo mucuna/aminos but achieving a neurotransmitter balance became elusive and dyskinesia and off periods became quite similar to her previous three-year experience on Sinemet. She felt the CHK nutritional approach was still worth pursuing, but the cost to continue it, already spendy, included a tandem of supportive therapies (Chinese medicine; deep tissue massage; acupuncture) that altogether were not financially sustainable for her over a period of years, anticipated as they themselves wouldn't lead to less dependency. Anyhow, it really looked like her autonomic nervous system was starting to burn out.

The choice last August was to abandon mucuna by necessity, once Jan was hospitalized. Her neurologist wanted to discover a baseline. Would Jan respond to carba/levadopa again? If so, at what dosage? Well, it was way high. Eight tablets of 25/100 plus.

Once we found the extracts last November, Jan was able to avert another lousy kamikazi chapter on Sinemet. Well, not totally. She was able to lower her dosage, as I described earlier, down to 1.5 tablets of 10/100 daily. Two is all she can do without rotten side effects. She needs more support.

Maybe it's time to retrial supportive amino acids with Sinemet. We learned from Dr. Hinz that the therapeutic intake of L-Cysteine needed to be at least 4,500 mg daily.

Don't know what's in the extracts but organic, heirloom vegetables "without the addition of sugar, salt, preservatives, colorants or additives of any kind" "cooked in pure mineral water. "20% peas, 25% beans, 40% spinach, 15% carrots."

The other element that is to be aboard is plenty of hydration from Evian mineral water, from glass bottle only. We also use Bio-Nativis Concentrated Trace Minerals, a U.S. product. Electrolytes are always good...

Without them, it's a lousy ride.
TrishaPDX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote