View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

As I mentioned, I dont want to alienate myself from this doctor. He is good in his field (he does not have people skill, though). He seems to be upset when his patient does not accept his prescription. Example, he prescribed me with Nortriptyline but later I was prescribed with Symbicort. I read that Nortriptyline does not go well with Symbicort. So, I notified the neurologist's clinic about the contra -indication of Symbicort to Nortriptyline. The nurse came back to me with the advice from neuro that says something like: "If that is your decision, you can stop it but Dr.xx hoped that you read the information from a reputable site because he has not encountered any such contra-indication."

During my last visit, I complained about my pain getting worse and he said:"I dont know what other medicine to give you because there might be again side effects". This comment came after my story about Levaquin. We just agreed that he will again give me another EMG/NCV test because I have minimal loss of a reflex in my left leg. (The first EMG/NCV tests were done by another neurologist.)

Mrs.D, your links are really very helpful. Well, I dont know why doctors dont know about this infomration. Do they not read? Anyway, there are things that we dont h ave control over with, and this is one of them. I just have to courteously assert my patient's right. Afterall, its my body.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote