View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
Sorry to hear that you no longer get relief when laying down. However, I still think it's a key component that it DID relieve it....since it 'seems' uncharacteristic of asthma or other inflammatory lung problems. Most during an asthma attack want to sit up as breathing is easier then laying down.

Does the SOB get worse when you exert yourself...like a flight of stairs?

So glad you're getting in with another rheumy next month...heck Sept is right around the corner.
I am on my 11th day of using both Sybicort and Spiriva. Thank God, my breathing improves. I stiill have SOB, but its not as bad as before the combo. I noticed the wheezing has become less frequent even with just Symbicort but my breathing was a labor. But, when I combined it with Spiriva, there was a significant improvement. Its not 100% normal breathing but I am good with my breathing now. Every now and then, there would be wheezing, tightness in my chest and the usual "hunger" for air.

Its my acidity and bloating that is bothering me. And of course, the ever consistent companion PN pain. I read that acid can actually cause SOB and sometimes if its too much, the acid can spill to the lungs and can cause scarring. I am on Nexium 40mg a day but its not giving me relief. I am even adding Ranitidine.

I must have mentioned earlier that the specimen from my lung is still being cultured for any more bacteria/germs to grow. It takes several months for some bacteria to grow. Yesterday, the Physician Assistnat update me on the weekly report from the hospital (where my specimen is cultured), I have a mycobacterium avium. She could answer my questions, e.g. is this the one causing my SOB or my "ongoing inflammation"? She promised to squeezed me in on Monday for a visit with the pulmonologist for an explaination on the avium and probably my treatment. I hope its not Fluoroquinolones. I googled the mycobacterium avium. It says that it normallly affects patient with HIV but it can also affect anybody else. THe physician assistant said that its probably because of my history of ileocecal TB that my lung has been compromised. Well, with this development on my lung, I dont know what is the next course of action.....I will know it by Monday.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote