View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I just want to tell you Chiropractics are fine when people have just an ache or two. However, without all the tests, including MRI, this is a bad route to go. My doctor did a little chiropractic manipulation, that sent me through the roof. He was a almost retired doctor, and was pulling up on my neck. He didn't believe me when I said how bad I hurt, and how bad that hurt. I now am fused C3-7, my second. Am I the uneducated patient at the time, submitting to this, responsible? Or should I have been told, lets see what the true condition of my neck is, before we proceed? I see this through my own eyes, and I always try to direct folks, to DX before engaging in chiropractic manipulation, because of what happened directly to me. I do respect the profession. I just would want all the tests, had I known better at the time. ginnie
Sorry to hear, Ginnie. One of the few times I heard of someone being permanetly injured by manipulation in that manner, was on a same or similar type of manipulation by a doc down the road. Sort of an axial pull straight up; I am not a fan of that style of manipulation. And any doc that manipulates thru pain expressed by a patient, is insane and asking for trouble! Every profession has it's idiots.
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-09-2012)