View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 12:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 9 days post op

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
Parbie, are you feeling any better?
Hi, I have been meaning to post since my surgery. I am 9 days post op now. I am still in pretty much the same pain I had before surgery, well worse near both my incision sites. Most of it is pulling and deep aching pain, still some tingling, but less numbness. I am not having an easy time controlling my pain since I cannot tolerate narcotics and I feel everything I am on now is not really helping. I have read a lot about others' post op experiences a while ago but to refresh my memory I am just wondering for those who have had surgery, how many weeks out did you really feel some relief? Dr Annest has had me doing PT daily since the day after surgery, just very simple ROM stuff and some nerve glides. I am doing it at home a few times a day but I was also told by my therapist in Denver to limit the use of my arm unless I am doing exercises. I am also concerned about the development of scar tissue, I was
told to massage both my incision sites to help prevent that but only after a few weeks. Has anyone been given other advice to prevent this? I see my therapist one last time before I leave Denver on Monday and right after that I see Dr Sanders for my followup since Annest is out of town.

The plan is to go to Ca for at least a few weeks where I plan to do PT with Steve at Physiotherapy Associates. Steve only sees patients once a week and I am wondering if that is enough. I know he tries to incorporate whatever my surgeon wants into my pt program but I feel like I will also need some more manualized therapy along with doing Edgelow's Protocol so I might try to find a second therapist so I can do my PT twice a week, just need to locate a good therapist in N Cal. I am also going to see Dr Ellis if I am still having trouble
managing my pain maybe he can help. Ok I am surprised I was able to type this much had a lot going through my mind since surgery but I am starting to flare up, will post back again soon.
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote