View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 06:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Congratulations to those who have taken on the challenge to grow their own medicine.
To Bean or Not to Bean, that is the question..... Moondaughter Welcome!!!
I have had some possitive growing experience in summer months on better soil with lots of mulch. I replanted an area in July in our newly purchased field below the house and the beans look pretty even though we have had 90 some degree weather...shocking!
I have one top already one a seed that didn't wash out when the river ran thru in June
(same garden area) There had been cows pastured there for 10 yrs and land was only mowed. Contending with lots of weeds, but things grew well. Harvesting nice beans , watermellons, okra from down there and my little patch of sorghum is taller than I have ever seen it anywhere and still growing. (I have been using alot of sorghum flour in gluten -free baking and it is expensive to buy...it grows very well here...so maybee I will have my own molasses and seed for flour, too. A win- winn combination.
I have been doing alot more experimenting with foods and starting to research more into amino content of the foods I normally eat. I do so well...people do not know I have PD.
I eat alot of sweet potatoes (and have grown a larger patch this year...last yrs took me thru June...would like them to make it from harvest to harvest supplying a whole yr)
Also a variety of beans, whole grains I grind myself alot, peanut butter-crave it...use Smuckers Natural that you stir. Eat strawberries and rhubarb which we also raise..'
Plus fava beans, fava tincture, fava bean sprout tincture,an occasional mucuna ball.
Get lots of sunshine and exercize..sing, play music....feel good! God has created all we need to be strong....listen to your body...it will tell you what it needs.
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-18-2015)