View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 10:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That's great.

The good thing about MG is that you can do something which is very important for you, not on a daily basis but every once in a while.
There is always a price, but some things are worth that price.

As one of my physicians put it-You can't run a marathon every day, but you can every few months.

The danger of this, is if you and other people start to think that if you could do this extra effort, you can repeat it on a daily basis, if you only try hard enough. As long as you do not fall into this trap, you can do it every once in a while during relatively good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southblues View Post
My husband and I were asked to play an hour set of our music tonight at a music hall. I haven't played on stage since my MG went generalized. I was really worried whether my voice would let me down. I rested all day. I timed my mestinon so that I took a pill exactly one hour before the set. I sang better than I have in years. Maybe ever! I also was able to play my guitar well. My hands stayed strong. I am so happy!

An hour after the show, I was really fatigued. My ptosis went psycho. My vision was blurred. My voice went out, my ear stopped up, and I had a hard time walking.

But I did it. I sooooooooo don't want to give up singing. Over half of the songs are songs that I wrote. I think that I can do this. At least for now. We were asked to come back in November!
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (09-09-2012), southblues (09-09-2012)