View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 11:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
Robert Rodgers is supposed to do a phone interview about the Fava beans on Monday nite. Then, it will be made into a radio broadcast & webcast. He is excited about the study and experiments we've started here. I will let you know when the show is to air, so that anyone interested in growing or using the beans will have more information on the subject. Pray for someone to come and help with the research. I have purchased a variety of seeds this year to try..to see if any grow better in our east Tennessee environment . Also,to see if any seem to contain more l-dopa, or have pods with superior taste. What we have grown so far have been very good to eat. One seed company had 20 varieties of fava beans....and there are many more varieties out there. I found out that some varieties are short (just 2' tall and do not need to be staked...so that would make them much easier to grow) What a blessing to find these. The hardest work was staking and tying the plants to keep them upright for harvest....so now I can recommend a seed company in Canada with short varieties.
God is good....there is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep looking up!
Speaking of shows, TV Guide has michael J. Fox on its cover. NBC has signed him for a 22 episodes of a Fall 2013 show in which he plays a character with PD. The article says PD will not necessarily be the focus but it will be an integral part of the characters life. Hats off to the peacock network for betting on Michael anod not trying to hide the PD that is a part of so many people's lives.
Arsippe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (09-10-2012), DejaVu (09-18-2015)