View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 01:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenC View Post
Well, "work with your doctor" i try, but it seems like he's just ignoring me at the mo... I dont know.
And i already got a referral for a psychiatrist, and already signed up for one weeks ago... But still havent heard from them
Hi RavenC

Some possible ideas:

1) Print out the responses in this thread about Prednisone (with permission from the posters) ask to set up one emergency appointment with the neurologist to talk about the dosage and effects of your medications. You can also ask your doctor for a referral to another neurologist or set up a private appointment in another town/city if you can, which may end up being worth it.

2) In case you haven´t tried, ask for the appointment with your psychiatrist to be brought forward. It is possible to do that.

3) Perhaps see about changing your doctor. If you clash with a doctor on core philosophies and core values you will only ever get so far - and with as many symptoms as you have you certainly don´t have any extra energy to use on anything else. It´s tiring enough to carry your own backpack on a really long hike – never mind someone else´s as well! With a good doctor it feels like it is not that much ´work´- it still can be a really long hike - but without the backpacks, and that makes a BIG difference!

It took lots of trial and error to find my new doctor. He ignored everything that had been said in the past, prescribed me Mestinon – said it was a really exciting thing that it was working, referred me directly for SFEMG testing without consulting the neurologist who said I was just lazy and told me not to worry that we would ignore him and find a new one!

That´s what it should feel like, I think.

Keep in touch with your progress

Anacrusis
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-09-2012)