View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default newbie & newly diagnosed with PN in my feet

Hi everybody, I am 47 & was diagnosed with PN in my feet about 6 weeks ago.

At the end of May, my feet started to burn & were really sore when I exercised or walked any distance. This got worse over the next four weeks & my big toe on each foot went completely numb.

I went to see my GP who mentioned nerve damage,& did a fulll blood screen, but all came back normal. He then said I had idiopathic PN.

I returned to my GP, who gave me lyrica, which did nothing for the pain, & made me feel awful. I have now been given amitriptyline, but have only been on them for a week, but no change as yet.

My GP has also requested a nerve conduction test

my feet are getting worse by the day, or so it seems. They have a constant dull ache & tingle. On a night thet burn & hurt so much that I cant sleep, I cant even stand the cover on them.I can wear sandals, but cant put boots on or full shoes as they feel as if they are crushing my feet.I have some capsaicin cream which gives temporary relief.

I am finding this very difficult to accept. I have read a lot about it & its quite scarey.
I cannot work at the moment as I am a personal trainer & fitness instructor.

I cant walk for more that 10 mins without being in intense pain. This all came from no where & I dont know what to do.I though it would be good to talk to people with the same condition, as I'm sure my GP thinks I'm exagerating it

Sorry for the long introduction.

Cath
cath4512 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote