View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Shocked csf leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogal View Post
I have been diagnosed with 4 to 5 leaks in the T6 to T10 region. I had a CT guided blood patch several weeks ago and have been feeling pretty good. I can be active and play golf, tennis and take short walks. I have not done any heavy exercise. i went swimming the other day and did some laps and gently water exercises ( I am a swimmer so laps come pretty easy for me to do). Within in 2 hours I was "down for the count" as I call it with symptoms of head pressusre, headaches and severe nausea. I literally cannot walk across the room and have to lay still for about 12 to 18 hours. I eventually feel better and and am able to get "back into the world". I do take Relpax and a anti nausea drug to get me through these episodes but they didn't work this time. I was wondering if anyone else has this kind of reaction to swimming or know of any reason why swimming can be so detrimental to CSF leaks. Any thoughts?
I have a csf leak also had surgery in dec/2011 ,I went to cuba in april and they told me i could not go under water with a csf leak,So I was not able to swim.They say it's because it just add's more pressure as for more water is entering your head.Do you still have a leak?
1 krazynewfiegal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote