View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk:

I think anyone with foot issues should get a good podiatrist and a complete check up.

Sesamoid bones are under the big toe, and these can crack or slip and move and cause considerable pain.
You can have arthritis in the toe joint. Spurs under the toe nails,
tendonitis, neuromas, etc etc.... You should get checked for Tinel's sign, which would indicate compression.

Things in the feet can be due to poor glucose utilization, with LOWs varying with normals or moderate elevations. Low thyroid will also cause trouble with the feet (this was my initial problem).

Some common drugs also can cause this. It would help if you could tell us more about yourself...your diet, how this started, what other things you have problems with, and vaccines given recently and RX drugs used.

PN is a big subject, and people can have one or more contributing factors. You can have a genetic hereditary issue, or some compressive issue in your spine, as well.

I have had bloods done for diabetes,thyroid, Vit B, inflamatory markers for arthritis. I have had an ultrasound scan to rule out neuromas. All tests came back normal.

My diet is healthy, I am a qualified nutritionist as well as a PT. I have had no injuries for a long time now. Between the ages of 8 & 11, I broke both ankles & a bone in one foot, but have had no repercussions from this.

I have had no recent vaccines. I have been taking citalapram & trazodone for depression since my daughter passed away in 209.

My mum suffered from rheumatoid arthritis & spondilitis & had disc problems in her spine.

My fooet pain started at the end of May. At first, I just thought it was aching due to exercise & my age, but when they began to burn, tingle & go numb, I knew it was more than that. That was when I saw my GP.

My toes, big toe & the second one are totally numb, I can touch them with a pin & cannot feel it at all.This is on both feet. It is a very symetrical pain.

Is there anyhting else you need to know??

Thank you for taking the time to read & reply, its great to talk to someone who knows what I am talking about.

Cath x
cath4512 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote