View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 07:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default clotting mutation and TOS

So I officially confirmed my diagnosis of TOS today at PT. I had a grip strength of 28 in my left hand and 50 in my right which are apparently low. I have also lost the ability to hold my fingers together or apart completely, the same goes for holding my wrist in place as well. I had no idea on those since I can still move them, apparently it is a neuro problem not muscular. I also have significant loss of range of motion everywhere including my neck where I was around 30 degrees at all angles. All of the maneuvers for TOS were positive with numbness and pain.
My question for y'all is I am predisposed to clotting due to a prothrombin mutation P20210A if you want to look it up or have heard of it. My therapist said not to worry about it. But I am also exhibiting some of the vascular TOS symptoms cold hands (my hands were NEVER cold before this) and blanching. As well as some slight swelling I think. I am worried I might have a clot or could be throwing small clots on and off and I don't want to get one in my lungs or something. I don't know how to tell my doctor, like look you might not be worried but I kind of want to make sure that there isn't a clot and that I don't have the vascular TOS. Do you guys think it is important to distinguish the two or will the treatment be PT either way?
Also I would like to vent about how much PT sucked the first day!! Thanks
That is all....
Tory
vthomas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
OzKira (09-15-2012)