View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 08:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks Doc..... and something interesting too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Ok, it was a starting point from your OP above.

Did the headaches begin with, or just following, a virus of any kind?
Have you ever had Mono or other EB related DX?

Doc
Thanks, Doc. I remember feeling like I was starting with a cold and I then did, on day 3 (with a weekend in there not counting) go to the doc's as I needed a note for missing 3 days of work. I was dx'd w a "virus" (the great catch-all for "obviously you're sick and don't feel well, but we have no idea why), but eventually was found to have a sinus infection and was ordered an antibiotic. That was mid February.

As far as I can recall though, the every day headaches didn't really start until mid March, after I'd been hospitalized for 5 days for supposed, but then not dx'd, Guillian-Barre Syndrome. And it's been a mystery ever since.

I did have Mono.... 3 mos after having my first son. Worked full time during it, against doc's orders (not due to the mono, but due to my 4 infections of my c-section), but felt I had to go back to work as my hubby had been laid off just then and we needed an income. I didn't realize what was wrong with me, and doctors just kept saying it was post par-tum depression and tried to put me on anti depressants. I refused, and kept going and seeing other docs in that practice until FINALLY, one thought to test for mono. Turns out I'd had mono at that point for 12 weeks, as I worked full time with a newborn whom I nursed/pumped so others could feed him at home. That was in the late summer of 2004.

So, my "current" blood work does show minor elevation of the antibodies for Epstein Barr.... but they accounted that to having had mono eight years ago.

Interesting thing....last week my hubby was so at the end of his rope w my not feeling well that he made me an appointment at the chiropractor's. (I'd been there before, but had to stop last fall due to $ issues).

Anyways, I went, and while I am still quite skeptical, I must admit that I do feel a bit better since Friday, and DEFINITELY have had more energy since then!

So, while I am NOT cancelling any of my other neuro appointments, I am going back to the chiro tomorrow evening, and will keep going, so long as it is helping. Can it solve everything? I don't know.... but if it does, I'll be glad but also very mad that something as simple as going to a chiro wasn't suggested earlier in my ordeal.

Now, am I feeling a bit better because of what the chiro did or because of some kind of placebo effect? I don't know. Does it even matter? I don't know the answer to that either. Have the headaches stopped? No, not yet.... Interesting, though. Interesting. Amy Kate
Amy Kate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote