View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have not taken PD pharmaceuticals...after doing research decided totally against ever taking any. My brother has PD also and is on everything going it seems.....As soon as I discovered how well the fava tops tincture worked for me ...I took some to him. He was afraid to take it and took it to the VA. They said "Is your sister a doctor? No, don't take it...we are taking care of you. So, he didn't and gave it back to me a year later . Sad.
I don't think he would be in the shape he is in now..2 more broken ribs this week from falling. I continue to have possitive results just using the fava plant tops tincture,and fava sprout balls/ and occasionally mucuna if I require more strength and speed ...like starting a pull weedeater . These are my l- dopa supplements that I use as needed. When my neck and shoulders begin to tense up and hurt or my left arm stops swinging or right knee stops picking up my foot.,etc....within 5 or 10 minutes I'm ok again.
I feel that the fermented papaya that I make for myself plays a big part in keeping me on top of it all , too . I also eat very fresh homegrown organic vegies...I am a grazer in the garden. Now that I have a large greenhouse set up on the farm...hope to have fresh vegies year round and be able to continue my experimnts in the winter with favas.
I highly recomend the book "Natural Therapies for Parkinson's Disease" by Dr Laurie Mischley...I feel she is "right on" and suggests many of the things I have found works for me. God is good and has created all we need . Blessings Aunt Bean
(for l-dopa supplementation)
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Allyson Cook (07-31-2014), DejaVu (09-18-2015), ScottSuff (09-23-2015)