View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused i need some help please!

Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can give... Im having trouble with understanding what is going on with me and my pain! I switched to a new pain dr bc my other one made me feel uncomfortable, wasnt helping me, and every time i went in his office I was there litterally 4 hours each time! I have 3 kids and I cant schedule appts for 4 hours at a time!... So I found a new one about 3 months ago. He is nice, doesnt make me feel like I have to be a stick and proper, but I just always feel judged when at the pain dr, and it may be due to the way my neurosurgeon treated me...but anyway, this new dr is saying that he thinks the cause of my pain is trigger points??? i feel like my problem is way more severe then muscle trigger point pain.. I have been in pain over a year now with my neck and lower back, and well basically my whole back at times...

I had an accident in oct 11, so last yr, and I had an xray and ct scan when I had the accident, the x ray didnt show anything wrong, the ct scan showed a herniated disc at c5-6, I then had an mri in nov11, it showed, developmental spinal stenosis, disc protrusion c5-6 contacts the ventral cord and further reduces canal diameter to 7 mm, tiny central disc protrusion c6-7, mild spondylosis.... thats the cervical mri...I also had lumbar which showed a disc bulge with mild left neural foraminal narrowing l4-5, this is exacerbated by short pedicles..... I then had an epidural steroid injection in feb 12, this was awful, while the needle was in i had pain radiating through my entire body, i was screaming cry and could not even catch my breath, however, the nurses and dr put nothing of the sort in my operative report.... well after the injection I lost all function of my right hand and arm...I called and my neurosurgeon told me it wasnt from the injection and I needed to go to pain managment...

so thats what ive done, and I dont feel like Im getting the relief I need....the pain dr has me on pain killers, but i can only take 3 per day, and it doesnt cover the pain, I told him at my last visit that I needed to take one more per day at ngiht and he said he was keeping me on same dose... I dont like asking for more pain meds bc I feel like I will be judged and he will just say no like he has already done...

I just feel like there is no end in sight, this will never end, I will just be in pain and not able to care for my 3 small kids and I am just missing so much with them it makes me depressed!

I am going to the dr friday to have these trigger point injections, I dont know if they will help or not but I also know im not a dr but I really dont think that is my main problem! I also looked thru my operative report and saw that my injection from my neurosurgeon was a depo medrol and afterwards I had so much more pain and new symptoms and looked them all up and saw something about arachnoiditis...this sooo scares me, bc I have every symptom...does anyone know anything about any of this that I have mentioned??? would anything in mmris cause me pain? my dr doesnt seem to think it would I guess since he thinks its trigger points? please someone give me some advice or something!!!
hmarie18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote