View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 11:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

@Woodstock3, what you're essentially looking for is a PT who will eval your TOS and your posture and get you on the right track probably through a combination of manual therapy and prescribed stretches/exercises.

Since you are removed from civ., don't be shy about calling places and asking to talk to the PTs directly. Write down your questions ahead of time.

One thing I experienced earlier on was that whether it was a PT or a chiro that was checking me out, I learned some things about what was wrong with my posture and biomechanics. It's useful to have those expert set of 3rd party eyes have a look-see.

If you want some things right now that are unlikely to flare you up, here are some ideas off the top of my head:

-- corpse pose and variations such as bending the legs or putting the arms in different positions. youtube for details.

-- brugger relief pose/exercise/movement. youtube again.

-- the aligned and well, shoulders up which you already have can be watched in one evening

-- if you think you have muscle tension problems and/or you have TMJD, neck tightness or tension headache, I now highly recommend "The Quieting Reflex" by Charles Stroebel. while waiting for the book, you can google for it and find instructions and start immediately

And maybe you're already doing some or all of these, but I can't tell from here, so thought I would throw them out there.

Good luck.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Woodstock3 (09-12-2012)