View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 12:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello,
My 14 yo daughter has RSD also and has had most of the symptoms your husband is experiencing. The “seizures” he is having is due to the pain and the nerve impulses that don’t stop going “hay wire” in the brain. My daughter was hooked up to a 24hour EEG and they found the “seizure” activity was exactly that….NERVE activity. It is so scary to see this disease take a toll on not just the patient but the whole family. I would find a good neurologist and then one of the big university hospitals that have a pain management program. Narcotics do not work on this type of pain. My daughter has been in 6 Ketamine comas and had multiple other procedures, the last one a lumbar plexus sympathetic nerve injection. RSD works on the sympathetic nervous system, so something needs to be done to halt the nerve impulses. Also psychotherapy is really important. RSD only improves if you move around, staying in bed is not an option. I force my daughter to go to school and distract herself. The more she is out moving around the better she feels, although always in crazy pain!!!
momofrsd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-11-2012)