View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
leebeemi,

This sounds like a common over-stimulation relapse. If you need help telling others about your continuing struggles, the YouTube video series, "You Look Great" may be helpful. It is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Xso...ature=youtu.be
It is 6 segments long and takes about an hour. Maybe you can email the link to your boss and others.

Try to lay low to help your brain recover.

My best to you.
Thanks, Mark. I have viewed the series & passed it on to others. I had good support earlier this year. But, time heals all wounds--except for the ones in the brain--and it's harder to get a "buy-in" this time.

I talked to my husband today, and he's VERY supportive, wants to help make things easier to let me recover further, etc. But at work, this is going to be an issue. "I thought you were better" is the way it's going. Yes, I was. I am. I will be. But today I'm not again, and might not be tomorrow.

It's harder for my boss & coworkers to understand this time around. I get that, I understand it.

I guess I mostly wanted to whine to some people that understand, as I'm not finding a lot in real life today. I have taken some meditation breaks & a walk outside, and I feel better.

I need to be mindful of taking care of myself, as I think I forgot to do that. Along with my son's dental appointment. And the laundry. And my sister's birthday. And...I'm sure a whole lot of other things!
43-year-old female, final blow leading to PCS occurred Jan 2, 2012, when I hit my head on the edge of the car door, hard enough to chip the paint. Felt "okay" for a couple of hours. Then headache, dizzyness, nausea, etc., hit hard. Diagnosed as "concussion & contusion" first, then PCS a couple of weeks later. Lasting symptoms: persistent brain fog, enhanced depression & anxiety, intermittent dizzyness, mild constant headache (where a full-on migraine is a 10 level pain, these are about a 3). I also have trouble remembering faces/names, am easily confused, and can't read choral music (!). My worst issue is that I often dream that I do something, but don't realize it was a dream--this is causing issues in my job.

Am on the feeling better/crashing roller coaster now. Take 10 mg of Elavil per day which has helped a great deal.
leebeemi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote