View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Litlove. My neurologist is pushing for john hopkins in belief this will help a great deal. so I am trying to go down every avenue before giving up on the idea of going.. he put in alot of leg work to get comp to approve it even if not fully I owe it to him and myself to try my best to make it happen. this is the last leg if it comes up lame then I shoot this horse and try buying another..
knowing i did all I can to get this treatment.. I am still pooling information on all other treatment options.. in fact I am ready to start presenting treatments that seem to have the best results, and some that just may be wishful thinking.

alt1268.. I too was surprised. but I do not have and exact cpt code or treatment plan to present to both maryland and NY to compare myself what the difference might be. but the patient rep and JH said most ny work comp. patients have a large bill when they leave.. I am hoping I can find a way to offset any treatment that might have to come out of pocket.. I was already denied medicaid .. and billing out to another insurance when comp is responsible is against the law in the great NY state.. it would cost me disability ,any comp benefits i am due, and possible jail time and fines..
im sure we all know the creak I am in and I am with out a paddle.

ginnie.. as far as meds some companies have free or lowcost meds for the destitute. oyu should try to contact the manufacturer of the drug prescribed. also pharmacies have generic versions for next to nothing or another med that might do the same thing for next to nothing... ask the pharmacist for the company name and also explain the situation to the pharmacist. only good things can happen from there.
I have learned that asking a question ..no matter how stupid or hopeless is always worth it. as you never know who has valuable information that others did not know.. thanks all.. please keep it coming ... be well
painman2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-12-2012)