View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchlake View Post
I am taking gabapentin (generic for neurontin) for my CRPS, 600 mg three times a day. I've been taking it for a couple of years, but I have been having trouble with nausea for quite a while.

I attribute it to the gabapentin as it is my primary medication for CRPS.

I take some dramamine for the nausea and it has helped, but there are some days when the dramamine won't touch the nausea and I end up house bound until it clears.

Anybody else have this issue and how do you deal with it?

Thanks in advance. Every day is an adventure with this condition!
I use to take gabapentin. 400 mg 3x a day.. I went to my spine dr (he prescribed it) and said I was bloating up somthing fierce and I couldnt eat with out vomiting.. he said that it wasnt the neurontin.. so i go to my pain managment dr and told him the same thing .. he said stop taking it. and he gave me elavil(amitryptaline) instead. with in days I lost 6 pants sizes and wa eating normal again... granted im back up 6 sizes but that is weight gain now .. this was in 2010 the issue with gabapentin. now 6-8 moths ago I started having acid reflux and nausea but I take a nice pill cocktail now sow he changed my napraxon to vimovo wich is napraxon with nexium coating.. no real issues since.. I hope this helps
painman2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (09-11-2012)