View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for the support.

DiMarie, I sure hope this does help me and I hope that you continue to see better days since the loss of your loved one. I just really love you. Being with you on the forums all these years has been a delight for me.

Artist. It can take up to a year for it to start working. He said if I didn't see any improvement even in 6 months not to give up. He has only seen one person that saw improvement right away.

He was amazed at how good I was doing after surgery. He said with those wires wrapped around the vegal nerve most people start having problems right after surgery with talking, a cough, or swallowing. My voice is fine so he says he is sure I will do good with it.

I was talking to Devin last night and my voice started changing when it went off. He asked me what was wrong with my voice. I sounded funny. I have to get use to it.

It really is an amazing thing though. In the surgery, they wrapped wires around the vegal nerve that goes to the brain and there is a part of it that goes to the heart so my Dr. asked questions about bradycardia but the rep seemed to think it would be fine on that part. The box is right near where my bra strap is. I have a magnet that I can wear on my wrist or one I can wear on a belt and if I sing or make a speech, which most likely you would never catch me doing, I can hold the magnet over it and stop it until I done. Now picture that one. Me standing there holding my hand over my heart while I'm doing one of those. Everyone is going to think, what the hell is she doing, it's not the Pledge or not the American song. LOL The people that represents the company have been the best people I have ever met though. They have been the best at helping me get it approved through my insurance which only took one time to get it done but they did it and they have kept in touch with me through every bit of the time of getting it done.

I know a lot of people that doesn't have the depression issue doesn't know how important this is but there are so many people out there suffering from depression that I am so hoping this works for me and keeps working for the others that have it. I think he said 2000 have had it put in for depression so far.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote