View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 04:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had my Occipital trigger point injections last week and had immediate relief from the Marcaine. The anesthetic only last a few hours though and it takes a few days for the steroid to kick in. The headaches have been minimal to zero since Monday. I've been able to reduce my daily dose of Celebrex with a plan to wean off completely. I haven't needed to take Norco at all, just taking Valium and Gabapentin for now.

I also found that driving my main vehicle was aggravating my neck and headache. I drove my little Honda roadster which had been collecting dust (stick shift) and I surprisingly felt a lot better. I spoke to Dr. Ando and he stated that you want your weight forward towards your thighs/feet, not your butt/back. While the Honda had me in a good position, I could not tilt the seat forward to a proper position in my main car. I went shopping for some seat wedges and finally found one that fits my car well and allows me to drive without aggravation. I hated to spend the money but it was the only wedge I found that was comfy and didn't have my head hitting the sunroof.

http://www.relaxtheback.com/mccarty-...cushion-4.html

I don't mind paying a little extra for stuff at relax-the-back since they let me come in and test drive all of the products before purchasing.

I don't have to travel any for work until October and I have been able to spend 8 hour days in front of the computer for work with no issues so I am very thankful!

I just pray that I can keep these headaches away for good.

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mspennyloafer (09-12-2012), Woodstock3 (09-12-2012)