View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 05:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Alot happenning at Bean Acres yesterday...a neighbor is out of work right now and came over with a Kabota....an amazing machine with lots of attachments. He cleared the ground above the greenhouse and also the barn) and today is going to try to get a trench dug to bury the plastic on that side of the greenhouse, which was never done. I managed to get one side done and then so many other things were first priority (Planting
and harvesting, etc) The Natural Therapy events took alot of preparation time too!
I am so excited about getting things prepared for winter...especially inside the greenhouse. I have planted beets, a few favas, an avacodo that sprouted and a yellow summer squash plant so far. There is a bed of sweet potatoes too . Alot of area needs to be cleaned out, beds made and loads of compost hauled in and wheelbarrowed in to the greenhouse before anything else can be planted. Have been enjoying watermellons...feel good and worked almost all day yesterday (all but 1 1/2 hr in afternoon after getting too hot...stayed in a while drank and ate and did a load of clothes) The last of the first years "stick fence " fell down in a storm Saturday..the end of the first years garden memories. I will have to save money and do treated lumber for any future projects.
Have a great day..........Aunt Bean
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote