View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 01:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default acdf revision/still debating whether to do surgery or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by spine95 View Post
Initial surgery 1986. Revision and disc/lam on second level 1995. I have been good as gold in the cervical area since then. There have been a few arthritic changes but nothing that a little moist heat and some Thera Gesic rub won't fix quickly. I wish the lumbar had been as successful. Best wishes.
Thank you, very encouraging. What level in 86 and what was the 2nd level in 95? I guess I wondered if there are statistics on revisions with respect to initial acdf. Do you feel the cervical surgeries put stress on the lumbar maybe causing those issues indirectly? Sorry, I am on a crash course here since I am looking at sept. 24th. I am c6 c7 and it is slowly getting better. My left hand has lost grip strength and arm shows atrophy and weakness. Pain has dropped from 9/10 to 7 at its worst now. It is also comes and goes in farily regular cycles to where it is 48 hours of very little pain and 10 to 12 hours of more pain. The no pain times are getting longer and my pt said strength is getting better in arm on last 3 visits. I am really not sure about this surgery so I am really researching it. Thank you!
ajhidell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-12-2012)