View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 04:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default acdf surgery-any positive experiences with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Hello and welcome to Neruo Talk. That is a loaded question. Be sure to get a second and even a third opinion, and READ your own report. I origionally had C6-7 fused, the same proceedure you are talking about. I was not told there were other problems regarding my neck. 6 years later, the ones above folded over on top, called the domino effect. In order for this to have real success, the verterbre above and below need to be in good shape. Mine were Not from the beginning. I didn't ask enough questions, or question my neuro surgeon enough. I was in so much pain, I just wanted to be done with it. I am now fused C3-7. I am very careful with my neck, so that the others do not deteriorate. I do wish you all the best. Hope you get those opinions. I am in good shape for the most part right now. ginnie
Thanks for the welcome and the info. I am really struggling with the pain but it is improving very slowly. I do not want to take pain meds as they tend to make me sick. This is my second bout with ruptured c6c7 since April. This one started in early July so you can imagine what I am going through with no meds other than nsaids. I was so desperate because of no sleep and constant pain that I called the surgeons office to see if they would prescribe something for pain and they said their policy is no pain meds until you do the surgery. Very odd in my opinion but maybe they all do that. I kind of wonder if they want me in pain so I choose surgery out of desperation. I do not know, anyhow, as stated, I hate pain meds and do not want to take them unless I am desperate as my system does not react well to them. I am getting further opinions and I am seeing someone this week. I wish I could find someone with a more positive experience with acdf but maybe there isn't anyone. I just hope I make the correct choice. Thanks again!
ajhidell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote