View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 10:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist View Post
Hi IHH,

Sorry you're not doing so well these days - I don't know the answer, sounds very unusual to be taking two types of gabapentin though - but it rings some kind of bell - I'll wrack my brains!

Yes there are a few threads on both Neurontin and Lyrica, you're a good searcher, IHH I know you've probably found them already LOL.

But HubbywRSD, oh dear...sigh... I'm trying to put this as diplomatically as I can - you've done it again! - that information you've given us *again* about how long Neurontin stays in your system is just *wrong* - it stays in the body a matter of hours.....(I believe Lyrica stays in the body significantly longer than Neurontin).

I've asked you before to tell us where you got this info, in my post entitled "Question for HubbywRSD:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...izer#post60861 I don't think you answered it, did you?

In the thread link I just quoted, I put the correct PI sheet info up. We need to be as correct as we can be about this kind of info, or this forum's reputation will quickly be devalued - most of us try to be as accurate as possible. So if you can find the reference, with respect, please could you post it? Just as a rule, if you're not certain about a big factual issue like this, it's better not to post it, ya know?

IHH, I'll dig up what I can, not got too much time though at the moment
Please take care,
all the best

Please remember that some of the information I've shared has come from research in 1995 when my husband was 1st affected with RSD - How long ago would that be....12 years? I dont have links that I've saved for that long - some things that I have been pulling from memory, weather they are still posted or listed or not I'm not sure and have to then go out and search out the information again.

As far as the side effects from neurontin:

comment number 14 by: Melinda
October 5th, 2003 at 11:21 am

I took neurontin for a pinched nerve in my leg in 1998. At the time it made me feel terribly confusion and mental unstableness. I told my doctor, It wasn’t helping my pinched nerve but that I felt like it was frying my other nerves. She tried to refer me to a shrink and refused to take me off the neurontin. She thought it was helping my leg and that I just didn’t know what I was talking about. She thought it was a miracle drug.My family insisted that I stop taking it. I did. My thoughts got clearer, however I am affected to this day with confusion,depression,loss of sleep, suicidal thoughts,reaccuring welt like rashes. I had none of these symptoms before taking that evil drug,neurontin.

And there are others....

http://medrants.com/index.php/archives/1319

Then...

Apr 26, 2006
I had a terrible allergic reaction to neurontin. This was peddled to me by my neurologist for Trigeminal Neuralgia. He said it was Off Label use and during the time when it was being blitzed by the drugs manufacturer to cure any kind of woe. My eyes swelled closed, blisters covered my entire body and I still have skin problems some 7 years later. I also had slurred speech and I am not sure how I ever worked during that time I was taking it before the allergic reaction. The dosage was close to 3,000 mgs. a day and he kept saying the literature says I can take you to 4,800 mgs per day. Thank God I lived--no telling what long term damage my body has suffered. I haven't seen my medical record from that time but I truly believe that nothing was written down anywhere regarding the reaction that almost killed me. CYA

or how about this...

Nov 17, 2006
I was prescribed this poison, for chronic pain management, for over two years. Starting with a small dose, I eventually wound up taking 4800mg daily for well over a year. The only thing it helped was Pfizer's bottom line.
My memory is now a hit-and-miss proposition. I have an IQ of 145, but my thought organization is almost nil. Between my bouts of severe depression, and mad rantings and ravings, my wife of 32 years has just about had her fill; she's had all she can stand.
Whoever said that 4800mg was an allowable dose must be employed by Pfizer, or the Doctor that prescribed it. I have a pharmacist friend, for over 30 years, whom I've discussed my treatment and dosage with. His only remarks were "and you're still alive?" and "get a lawyer; you've got a helluva suit against Pfizer and your Doctor.
Any of you ever fell asleep standing up, waking up as you hit the floor? How about while waiting for a light to change, or driving down the road, with no notice? I have, and worse.
Neurontin has it's place in medicine. There are some medical problems out there that make the side effects of Neurontin worth the risk; they are few and far between. Pfizer paid almost 1/2 billion dollars in fines and penalties to the Government. They ADMITTED pushing this poison for numerous off-label uses without FDA approval. In the process, they made billions of dollars in extra profits at the expense of people's health, and lives.
I've not yet attempted suicide; my wife hid my guns when she saw it coming.
Unless someone out there in cyberspace can give me a specific time period, as far as I know, the damage Neurontin does to the brain, and the psyche, is PERMANENT! I've been off the crap since 1999 or 2000. My problems are getting worse, not better. These are things that were non-existent prior to being prescribed this poison.
Does anyone reading this post know an attorney handling these Neurontin claims, either individually or as a class action? It's time for Pfizer, and the Doctor, to pay the Piper.

http://www.topix.net/forum/drug/neur...VGGS3HD16K9Q2P

HWRSD (P.S. - Lost my password for other account so had to make up another....)

Last edited by Curious; 04-25-2007 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Mod action recquired.
HWRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote