View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello again Huntress !

If you want to talk to someone specifically about getting help with MG, you might do better posting to the specific board for that condition. http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum77.html

There are some issues specific to that condition best met by the MG forum, but there are so many more issues that go beyond our specific conditions, like the frustrations of dealing with any disability, waiting for ssdi approval, trying to stay afloat financially, etc.........many of us have those issues in common, despite having different diagnoses.

Are you single ? What is your current living situation ?

Waiting for ssdi approval is mentally exhausting. For many of us, the appointments and stress add to the difficulties we have with our disabilities. The long waits for approval can lead to financial devastation.

I was "lucky" in that I was on WC during my wait time (although at a decreased rate) and my family also had my husband's income. Because that was still such a drop from our 'pre disability' family income, we did use up our savings. My biggest impact from that is moving forward. I want/need to get a divorce and I don't know how I'm going to make it on just my ssdi income, now that we've burned through our savings.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote