View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 07:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingHope View Post
I wish you the best of luck! Definitely keep me posted!
Hey LosingHope,

It turns out my local ortho guy is a team doc for a local college and he has referred a couple of TOS cases to Dr. Pearl. Both were successfully operated on and doing well now. Of course these were healthy young athletes and I am a 54 year old who has been suffering for years, been misdiagnosed, multiple misdiagnosed operations, etc.

Anyway he is referring me to Dr. Pearl. Can you tell me how long it takes to get an appointment? Given I have already been diagnosed positive TOS, had a confirming scalene block and failed multiple attempts at physical therapy do you know how Dr. Pearl will start with me? I am not within driving distance of Waco but will do whatever it takes to get my life back. People think I am crazy to sign up for another surgery but they do not realize how difficult it is to live with an advanced case of TOS. What has me most concerned is this is the first year I have developed symptoms on the other side and it is developing more rapidly than it took my dominant side to develop. Abnormalities are now showing up on nerve studies after being negative for years. It feels like I am running out of time.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (09-13-2012)