View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 04:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had an injection in my cervical spine over 6 months ago...It was the worst decision I made!...I thought I would share this with others so that everyone is well informed of this procedure and what it can do. I had a herniated disc at c56 and bulging at c67, the pain was awful, so my dr told me he wanted to do this, it was very safe, there are possible side effects but they rarly happen and are not serious and he said he only had to tell me that for the same reason asprin has to put it on there label, but that it would go fine and is no big deal... When he inserted that needle into my spine the pain I felt was horrifying, worse then the pain I was already in by 100%, it was electrifying lines of pain everywhere!, the next day I lost the complete function of my right arm and hand, dropped my infant baby, couldnt even open the fridge etc. plus the pain was now way worse. I called my dr and told him and his response was oh thats not from the injection, u had weakness before hand, however in his notes there is no weakness indicated! he told me i needed to go to pain managment and i never saw him again...well this is over 6 months later, I did regain the full use back of my arm and hand but the pain is still worse then it was before! well ive been doing research and come to find out, the steroid he used isnt even fda approved to be used for injection into the spine! as well as the manufacturer has on the label not to inject it anywhere near or around the spine...now why was I not made aware of that? this specific steroid that was injected into my spine also causes a disease when injected into your spine (which is why it is not fda approved for injection into the spine) called arachnoiditis, which has no cure, and I currently have all the symptoms...The steroid is called depo-medrol...look it up, if anyone is getting a steroid injected into their spine they need to be sure to ask what steroid the dr will be using and look it up first!!! my life has been a living nightmare eversince and I have 3 small children to care for!...I would def. not recommend!
hmarie18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote