View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 12:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Jak, your pain is no less than ours!

Jak,
Just becuase your pain is "only" in your feet doesn't make it any less than any one elses! The reality of it all is... your life has changed forever! Who you are as a person has been taken away from you. That is what hurts.

That is the first hurdle we have to face when we are diagnosed with this. For me, it was the hardest. Then, it's adjusting to dealing with the changes in lifestyle. This group here has been so incredibly supportive in helping me!

Keep asking questions, no matter how goofy you think they are, keep reading posts, and keep venting when you need to. If you don't believe me, go back and read some of our old posts. I've vented a LOT on here! I'm a single woman and I've vented about not being able to find a man who will accept me like this, about not being able to take care of my kids, about lots of things... it's hard to adjust to being "different" than we were before!

A friend of mine here at work says "I shouldn't complain about the pain in my feet when the man next to me has no feet!" But I say, if your job is to go and get the food for the man with no feet, you darned sure can complain about the pain in your feet! It all depends on your perspective!

Everyone has a right to complain and we are all here to help each other through it.

Good Luck, and we hope to hear a LOT more from you!
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote