View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Teeth on eslicarb. study presently. heres my news

I am a survivor of head injury, meningitis, coma and cavernous hemangioma: right parietal lobe. All "oh how fortunate you really are" aside, I do suffer from partial seizures. I have been on a variety of anti seizure meds. Most gave me no problems except ocassional extreme tired or perhaps times when we shouldn't operate machinery... things like that. Now I am on that study drug, eslicarbazepine. What effects that were abnormal for me were numb lips, no big difference in partial seizure occurance, though it did decline and two very specific incidences. They occured in less than two months apart from eachother. First, I had a sensation that was quite like the delerious physical sensation I felt first coming out of and recovering from coma. Second, I had not had a tonic clonic since just prior to 2006. I had then had a startling cluster of years there with sudden onset tonic clonic, indicitive of mri need which then discovered the cavernous hemangioma at the surface. Operated and removed, I had not had one since this month. This is alarming to me. Maybe I am a bad candidate for the medicine investigation. Yet, at the same time, I believe that someone with a great deal of brain damage, such as myself, also might be an excellent candidate for the investigation, that we might learn just how intricate the new med for the fda will behave. Chiming in with Android, BarbarG.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-14-2012), Dmom3005 (09-14-2012), Mari (09-14-2012), mymorgy (09-14-2012), waves (09-15-2012)