View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 07:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybro View Post
just wanted to chime in since my PT has me doing rib mobilization and the foam roller stuff too.

anyways, those docs at the tos consortium well, they don't necessarily know a good PT either. one that i went to just told me to call up the physical therapy department of the hospital. gee thanks. they don't even know what tos is ya know down in that physical therapy department, lol.

anyways..... yes, you have to be careful. it seems the physical therpaists will always think they know more than you. and it sucks because they do know more than you in some ways but in other ways, they don't!
Yes, i agree that some ofthe Dr.s are not informed and do not see PT being a vital part of the process. I asked if they could recommend anyone in the DC or No. VA area and i was just handed a PT procotol and told "anyone" could follow it. Hopkins is only an hour or so outside of DC and there is not one person on their rolodex? Suggestions for a DO, massage, accupunture, PT,etc - it's all a marketing tool on their web site. You go in thinking you are under an "umbrella" of care, but bascially have to manage it on your own. Very little thinking outside of the box. Irresponsibly handed a piece of paper and hey, maybe you'll be lucky and get better on own!
Woodstock3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (09-14-2012)