View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 10:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, Quantum, and welcome. Posts to this sticky-thread sometimes don't get noticed. Feel free to start a new thread.

As you probably know, Mestinon has a very short half-life. If you feel like you're not taking enough, the first line of attack is to shorten the time between doses rather than to increase the dose (with the doctor's OK, of course). I hope your neurologist will also discuss the possibility of other treatments for you: immunosuppressants like Imuran, CellCept or Prednisone, and IVIg infusions.

Thanks for joining. This is a great place.

Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Hey

Hey I'm Quantum.

I was diagnosed with MG at 17, and had a thymectomy at 18. I struggled really hard ended up having IVIG, and everything in the early stages, and of course took mestinon.

After a few years (I was 22ish) the thymectomy kicked in, and I was really good for about 10 years. Lately (I'm 34 now) I've been having major issues.

I just got out of the hospital a couple of days ago, after having a major attack (breathing issues, ending up in the emergency room.)

Right now I'm trying to figure out just the right dosage of mestinon, and just taking a couple of weeks off.

That's pretty much my story

Thanks.
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (09-18-2012)