View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default help

Hello,I am new to this site,but not new to the insane pain that I have endured since 2005. I was injured in a industrial accident in Missouri and was denied surgery for over three years .When I finally received surgery in 08 much of the pain was relieved,they removed two discs and put in rods and plates and screws and bridged my spine...ever since i have had major nerve damage and just insane pain in my lower back as well as numbness in my legs and this huge knot at the top of my right buttocks about the size of a softball that is excruciatingly painful and the pain goes down my leg to my foot..cant sit to long cant stand to long cant bend over or lift......what a pain in the ***..lol..but my drs cant seem to do anything for me ....tried every drug known from hydrocodone to morophine,nurontin,percocet,the patches,multiple spinal injections,spinal stimulator which failed in the trial...and i am at my ropes end ,,,,the drugs just made me loopy and I would still hurt just couldnt drive or havemuch of a life,so i took myself off of the drugs,,,now that the pain has increased and i considered drugs again the damn drs. wont give em to me...something about new policy got to go thru the pain clinic....so i went,the dr. there wouldnt give me pain meds either but suggested the pain pump and was recommending it to be scheduled when the only Dr that did these in there system resigned and flew back to Austria....REALLY...So they left me hanging to do my own research and find my own help....Damn what a world of help...Any one know about pain pumps or someone I can talk to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Hello
I am wondering if there are many here who have interest in these implantable units for chronic pain?
It seems there are more and more folks coming to the board looking for info on these units. For some reason, especially lately, it seems doctors are practically forcing people to get these units.
I am scheduled to get the SCS later this month.
I usually post on the RSD forum, as there are quite a few folks there with the stimulators and/or pain pumps.

We have put in a request to open a new forum or subforum specifically for discussion on this topic.

Are there many here on the Spinal and Back Pain forum who would be interested in having this forum? If so, would you be willing to share your stories and experiences for the benefit of those seeking out this information.

Reason for asking, there are SCS posts scattered throughout a few other forums and it would be very convenient to have a forum that people could go to without having to do a 'search' on all the other forums.

People are very hungry for info on this!
Thank you all

Rae
dwortham25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gatorbate (10-25-2012)