View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 02:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No swelling, temperature is fairly normal, and my dentist says the site has healed very well. The pain feels sort of muscular in nature, like a sore joint that throbs like mad after chewing anything at all chewy.

Am going to try and get hold my OS as soon as feasible. Am terribly busy this week, so timing is awkward. Argh. In the meantime, I way try some sort of Vicks heat balm thing in the I suppose unlikely event it might help...

Thanks,

- John

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Hopefully Bryanna will respond to you on this one. I don't like how this sounds. May be infection still in your jaw, at the site of the extraction. Usually water pics, are good for the gums, so I don't think the shower hurts. However any remaining pain is something to get checked out. Bone itself can become infected especially if the initial infection, did go into the bone. Pain like that is not normal. If your OS does not take an active investigative roll, I would see that other opinion. Better to be on the safe side, and try and get rid of that pain. Is the empty socket all closed up nicely? Any swellings at the site? ginnie
NervousMess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote