View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreck View Post
The unit was left in dead battery, leads and all-the doctor is no longer working on non-military people so there is no one to remove it. If the battery case corrodes or leaks we will deal with it then. My pump is in my back hip the catheter is in my S3 with a long lead up to T6 so that is why I can feel it moving and tugging. I can also feel when they remove meds or add them via a long needle into the hip pump. The snail sludge med wasn't an option so I am on heavy doses of intrathecal dilaudid. I have had the MCS (failed) and I've had necrosis of the skin on both sides of my chest where all the other SCS and PNS units were placed. No skin left to make a pocket so they went with my hip. I also have spinal cord tumors which negated some of the ares for lead placement for the pump.
so if you dont mind me asking . as I have a few t.n., a.d. people 2 are on this thread Cheryl and lastnerve. the latter had hers removed. all of them candidates for DBS or MCS none want to go that route. so if you had choice of MCS or pain pump do you think you would of had the pain pump if it was offered at that same time as your MCS ??? I remember hearing of you a long while ago and I am sorry for all the issues you have been battling . A True Warrior you are and I am glad you are here sharing and helping. sending positive good energy to everyone .
PEACE
BMW ( Tina )
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote