View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Have questions about Lupus

All I now right now is that I have a positive sed rate and positive ANA. My doctor is sending me to a rheumatologist. That's scary enough but I guess if I can see a neurologist I can see this guy to. My neurologist has always had this thought in the back of her mind as to whether I have MS since through the many years, 1997 to present, I have still just the one lesion. She was more sure when I had the episode of optic neuritis last year.

So I have been reading a lot on the Lupus association page about a lot of its signs and symptoms, etc. Sure, I have some of them, what MS person doens't. I have the fatigue, I don't think it's as bad as it was, memory loss, I think that is my worse. But I have a lot of unexplained muscle aches. I hae had one persistent one for umpteen years. It's right below my right hip. I akso have some in my upper arms that I have never told anyone about. I also have my psoriasis. Some of the lesions have been biopsied and have come back as psoriasis but I have a lot of lesions that don't look like what was biopsied. I don't have any swelling in my joints, chills, fevers.

I guess my one big concern is that could we have been treating this as MS for years when it isn't? If so do I lose my SSD even though I still have the cognitive problems and some fatigue. Or am I just jumping the gun here and looking for things that I shouldn't be. But I want to be informed when I see him

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (09-15-2012)