View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 01:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default TOS Cervical Ribs... HELP!

Hi my name is Jill. I started having issues early March 2012 with my hands, fingers and arms going numb/tingling. I also started to have pretty severe burning/ pain in my neck and Rt. shoulder. I woke up one morning and could not turn my head. went to to several doctors, Had an EMG and X-Ray of the C-spine which the neurosurg doctor said they both looked fine except my C7 process was alittle bit longer then it should be but nothing to worry about. She referred me to Dr. Dean Donahue at MGH who did a CTA scan and called me several days later personally to inform me of the results. Dr. Donahue stated that i had cervical ribs full rib on the right and small rib on the left side. At this point i have already been in PT for 5 month with no improvement. Dr. Donahue suggested two options, botox injections or surgery So still very stunned i said Botox first and if that doesn't work then surgery. My right side is worse then my left side. He also said that i have moderate compression on the right side as well. So i guess what i'm wondering is, Has anyone had surgery w/ Dr. Donahue? what is the post op like? he said that he was going to take out the extra rib and my first rib as well. Any advise at this point would be much appreciated! thanks
*Miss Jill* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote