View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 05:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ACDF how are you now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin3113 View Post
Hello everyone, I am 9 days post surgery with a single level ACDF C5-C6 with the LDR ROI-C not the plate and screws. I am off of all pain medication for almost 48 hours now and I am feeling good. I did not have too much throat pain. I am feeling a little tightness between my shoulders and my incision site is a little sore. All and all I feel good. I am more bored than anything else and nto being able to drive anywhere makes it a pain. I have my follow up with the doctor next week and we will see how everything is going. All of the pain from before the surgery is gone so all in all I feel great. I will keep everyone posted.
Hello, I hope all is well still. I have a single level c6 c7 acdf scheduled the 24th. I only hear horror stories about this surgery. I am scared s-less to be exact, but I have no other choice than to get the surgery. My left arm has atrophe, I am numb down my arm and it is getting very weak to the point of dropping things-not to mention pain from shoulder blade to fingers-no neck pain though. I am literally terrified that my post-op life will be pain meds and constant pain from this surgery. I wish people who had sucessful acdf's would post-but I guess they wouldn't if they had good experiences. I have had other Doctor opinions and I cannot wait longer for the surgery or I will have permanent nerve damage. Anyhow, if you have any words of encouragement, I would greatly appreciate them. thanks
ajhidell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote