View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 05:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Any Good ACDF single level fusion stories-first hand or not

Any first-hand or second-hand positive stories on ACDF? Everything I see is fully negative or partly negative, which is fine, but I would love to hear words of encouragement. I hope I get more than one respondent, but will appreciate anyone replying of course. -----------
I now have multiple professional opinions and unfortunately, it is time for acdf in 10 days. It is single level acdf c6-c7 and cadaver bone with titanium plate is the "hardware". I have tried everything else, I have researched, and I am on the road to having permanent nerve damage if I do not do this. I have no neck pain going in to this surgery just radiating pain from shoulder blade down to left hand including my arm--arm has so much pain. I am aware of the negative aspects of this surgery, but I just wanted to know if someone with a positive story could post or pm me. I am pretty scared. This surgery is due to a blown out ruptured disc that occured in March and unfotunately, nerve is severly impinged so the nonsurgery route is not an option. I really hope that there is someone out there with words of confidence and positive stories. I have no other medical conditions and I am not overweight and the surgeon says this all helps. I would greatly appreciate your input. thanks

Last edited by ajhidell; 09-15-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: wanted to add a bit more
ajhidell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (09-24-2012)