View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 10:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I live further away than that. My plan would be to have follow up care closer to home. Ask dr Donahue about this. He told me that most people do travel home afterwards. Also try to relax as much as you can. Maybe do the edge low breathing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Miss Jill* View Post
DID you have Cervical ribs as Well? Post op and Recovery is what i think i'm the most scared about. I live 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. From where i will be having the surgery done at MGH so post care i'm not sure what will happen w/ that. what was your post op like? was it extremely painful? did you have alot of numbness afterwards? I guess the thing that is the most painful for me now is my neck and shoulder on Rt. It's so tight through their, causes spasms and last night my husband noticed that on my Rt. side right below my collarbone i have a lump which is Extremely painful. I'm at the point where i'm feeling defeated by this, everytime i turn around there is a new symptom, something else to deal with. Nothing so far that i've done/ been prescribed has really helped. Heat sometimes will give some relief, oh and IcyHot helps some as well. I was told to take anti inflamatory meds to help reduce swelling by the 2nd doctor i saw but i take them and nothing happens no relief so i decided that if they are not working then i prob. shouldn't take them. I also get this throbbing in my shoulder, my veins will then enlarge ( very uncomfortable), my arm will turn red and then it will all go away with in 30sec- 1min. I'm kind of hoping that doesn't mean i have a blood clot
Iris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote