View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 01:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need help

I am new to this forum.My wife BlueHill already posted in this forum about our cases. I request your attention particulary mrsD's in my case.
I am 44 years male living in Singapore,regularly doing excersise and with active life style. It all started around 4 years back with some breathing issues.They are solved after using duonase nasal spray for some time. After that I started to feel tightness in neck, shoulder and chest and also numbness in hand on left side.After consulting cadiologist and neurologist all my tests were normal. Since then I have been consulting various doctors for proper diagnosis for these issue. Last December I was admitted into Emergency for chest tightness. My TMT, echo, ECG all are normal. I visited my home country India 3 times in these 3 years for better diagnosis. Finally doctors tagged it as Somatization and suggested to do meditation etc.They think that it is all in my head, can only send me to a psychiatrist. I spent several hours meditation but didn't help. Recently as my eye sight is diminishing particularly my right eye and my numbness spread to my left leg too, I went to India again for treatment. Finally a doctor diagnosed it as Vitamin B12 (< 150 pg/ml) and Vitamin D3 (14.3 ng/ml) deficiency.
Doctor prescribed the following
For B12 :
Vitcofol injection (folic acid 15 mg, vitamin B12 500 (cyanocobalamin) mcg, nicotinamide 200 mg)
2ml - once a week for 5 weeks after that 2ml - once a month for 5 months. I have completed 5 weekly shots.
For D3 :
Arachitol(Cholecalciferol) 600000 units - 1shot (taken)
Tayo(Cholecalciferol) - 60000 - chew - 1 tablet once week for 8 weeks (taken)

Other findings were
Thiroid Stimulating Harmone (TSH)- 2.6(.3 to 6.02) - doctor said no need to worry about this(really ?).

On my personal request doctor did MRI of Cervical Spine & CVJ and result is mild diffuse disc bulge noted at C3-C4 and C4-C5. But doctor said it is not an issue for now as my neck movement is fine and advised to do some neck excersises.I am a software engineer spending around 8 hours a day before computer.

After reading in this forum, I ordered methylcobalamin from puritan and I am taking them one in the morning empty stomach for the last one week.
How ever I don't feel much difference so far. I am taking Telsartan(Telmisartan) 20mg one tablet in the morning (Cardiologist prescribed this as precaution for chest tightness and my BP was some times 140/90 now it is normal). I have the following issues and need the forum members advise to further diagnose( particularly item 1 ).

1. Constant tightness on front side of chest, shoulder, neck on left side.What worries me more is slightest irritation or anger triggers more tightness and uneasiness in my head, chest and neck area. Sometimes I feel that I am about to get a stroke. I checked my BP while I felt irritated but it is normal (around 130~135/85~90)
2. Feel vibration (tremors) in the body (not visible outside) as if I am sitting in a truck with engine on but not moving. Mostly this happens in the evening times.
3. Feel some uneasiness in the abdomen just below left ribs.Sometimes feel drumming sounds. Consulted gastroenterologist but nothing found.
4. Mild Numbness in left hand and leg.
5. There is a dark patch on the skin above collar bone on left side and similar patches below the knees on both the legs.
6. For the last one year my eye sight is diminished. I have to wear glasses for the first time (for both long and short vision)
7. Swaying and confusion while walking.
8. I fell foggy
9. Mostly depressed, sometimes unknown fears.
Are all these symptoms belong to B12 deficiency?
I am really worried and not able to concentrate on my job at all. Always feel that I am waiting for major disaster. Appreciate any advise or if any one has the similar symptoms and any other info regarding the issues. Sorry for my long post.
nsrsg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote